Saturday, January 12, 2013

Kid Art is Important

As an elementary teacher, father of three boys under the age of six (my kids just ran screaming through the room, so please excuse any mistakes), and artist, I am fascinated by watching my six year old grow as an artist.

Without being pushed, my son draws for almost two hours every day.  I love watching how his drawings evolve and change and how his imagination is developing.  This blog is my attempt to keep track of his art and his learning.

Hopefully, this blog may help other parents and teachers pull kids away from some of the modern gadgets that may be stealing our children's imaginations.

I have been teaching in a public elementary school for 14 years, and I am worried about the creativity of our children.  I see art as a way to save kids who are having their imaginations crushed by testing.


No comments:

Post a Comment