Friday, January 18, 2013

Monkey Man Banana Head



Most nights, as soon as my son gets home, he heads for his markers and papers.  This drawing is interesting.  If you notice the read guy, he is overlapping the green guy.  This is pretty good for a six year old.  I'm not sure what the story is with this one.  
I love this Space Heroes drawing.  These are new inventions.  My favorite is Monkey Man.  I was told that he was roping a planet.
One of the things we did to encourage our son's creativity was to keep him stocked with paper.  If you notice the marks on this paper, it is the back side of scrap paper (you can see the letters coming through).  I teach and we have a lot of great paper that gets thrown into the recycle bin.  My son will go through 20-50 sheets in a day.  Often, he starts a drawing idea and just tosses the paper.  He gets super excited when I bring home a stack of old papers I pulled out of the recycle bin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment